For years A√ŹDA has been at the forefront of Real Estate services in South Africa. Named after its founder A√Įda Geffen, A√ŹDA has been delivering quality products and services to members and consumers alike since 1958. When homebuyers and sellers think real estate, they think of the A√ŹDA brand, a Real Estate Group most likely to service their homeownership needs.
At A√ŹDA George we strive to establish and maintain relationships with each and every client in order to meet the property and/or business needs of the respective client.
Our dealings with you will be friendly and professional, striving to be UNASHAMEDLY ETHICAL in all our dealings.
More about the town of George
George is a city in South Africa's Western Cape province. The city is a popular holiday and conference centre and the administrative and commercial hub of the Garden Route.
The city is situated halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth on the Garden Route. It is situated on a 10 kilometre plateau between the Outeniqua Mountains to the north and the Indian Ocean to the south. The township of Pacaltsdorp lies to the south.
The town of George was established as a result of the growing demand for timber and the wood used in building, transport and furniture. In 1776 the Dutch East India Company established an outpost for the provision of timber, its location is thought to be near the western end of York Street. The Timber Post had its own Poshouer (manager), some 12 woodcutters, a blacksmith, wagon maker and 200 oxen plus families. After 1795 and the British occupation of the Cape, a caretaker of the forests in the area was appointed. After the second British occupation in 1806, it was decided that the Swellendam magistracy was too large and needed to be sub-divided. George was chosen because of the availability of good water. In 1811 George was declared a separate district and Adriaan Geysbertus van Kervel was appointed the first Landrost (magistrate) and the town was proclaimed by the Earl of Caledon, governor of the Cape Colony on St George's Day, 23 April 1811, and named after the reigning British monarch, King George III. One of Van Kervel's first acts as Landrost (Mayor), was to dig a furrow to supply the first thirty six plots in George with water. An 1819 map shows the original furrows and storage dam where they remain to this day in the Garden Route Botanical Gardens. The first Furrow originated from the Rooirivier (Red river) and later a diversionary weir was built at the Camphersdrift River. George gained municipal status in 1837.
- George Museum
- Outeniqua Mountain
- Montagu Pass
- Railway over the mountains/li>
- Toll House
- The Lake System